Tuesday, August 16, 2011

OVERSTREET #41 for THE HERO INTIATIVE

How cool was this year for the Guide? Let me tell you...

First, I got to work with Walter Simonson, fulfilling a goal I've had for more years than I care to count. And he was as cool as could be (which was no surprise because, hey, he's as nice as he is talented).

Second, I got to work with Amanda Conner, who was also as cool as could be me (this was no surprise since she and Jimmy Palmiotti are really good people, but it's still enjoyable).

And third, I got to work with John Romita, Sr. and Tom Palmer on The Hero Initiative version of the book. Both of these tremendous talents influenced how I looked at comics over the years, and they both were terrific to work with, too.

In case you haven't heard, the Hero version is hardcover only and limited to 500 copies. If weren't at Comic-Con International: San Diego or Wizard World Chicago, you can still get one online from Graham Crackers Comics, who handle all the online stuff for Hero.

Seriously, what a year!

And I don't want to leave out the colorists either! Laura Martin, who plied her craft on Walter's Thor cover, was superb.

Paul Mounts, who worked with Amanda on the Supergirl and Batgirl cover, was equally awesome.

And Dean White -- the only repeat creator from last year's 40th anniversary editions (again The Hero Initiative exclusive) -- just once again rocked it.

Of course this makes next year very challenging... but that's a fun kind of problem to have!

No comments:

Post a Comment