Saturday, May 04, 2013

MIKE DEODATO on OVERSTREET #43

When we started trying to work out the covers on The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide #43, I had a very firm plan in my head for the covers. As you might have experienced in your own life, though, life is what happens while your busy making other plans. I was fortunate enough have help from a friend at Marvel in landing Mike Deodato, Jr. as one of our cover artists. What an awesome experience working with him turned out to be. I gave him almost no time to get it done and he delivered it brilliantly and sooner than I had asked. And his recommendation for coloring it, Leonardo Ito, also performed admirably in equally expedient fashion! What a great experience and what a superb cover! Their take on the X-Men was exactly what I asked for in our of the Marvel mutants' 50th anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment